January 4, 2013

Cirque Du Soleil Extravaganza at Harrods Sale!

I love to shop. I live to shop. Having shopped all over the world, I believe myself to be a super trained shopper. In my opinion, shopping is more appetizing, more interesting and better anywhere outside of the U.A.E. In most places, store keepers know what they are selling, what goes with what, they are usually excited about fashion and help you make your choice and are not so stuck up. 

I love going into a store and speaking to someone who has a love for fashion and encourages you to buy. Not like the common phrase here, "I don't know madam- No madam- this is new season madam (when its like two seasons old!)" My absolute favourite phrase is, "We don't have sale madam," when the sales start the NEXT DAY. Stores in the West even do sales better and understand the value of customer service!

Picture this- you arrive to the YEARLY WINTER SALE at HARRODS in London and while waiting in the long queues, you are treated to a spectacle! Cirque Du Soleil gymnasts, singers, dancers and musicians are performing and giving you a preview of their new show KOOZA which will be opening at the Royal Albert Hall on January 5. Wouldn't you be wowed and encouraged to enter the store and spend if you are in such a good frame of mind? Totally different feeling than getting a message to RUN to Dubai because there is a sale for ONLY two days with UP TO 30% off! (This usually means 10 and 20% and 30% only on crap you don't want anyways!) Total waste of a trip!

Take a look at a few pictures of the Cirque Du Soleil performance. Oh what I would have done to be there! 



(Source of pictures: Harrods)

In case you were wondering, the most popular departments of the sale are Fine Watches, Luxury Accessories, Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Basically, $$$$!!! I'd say Harrods knows exactly what it's doing! 

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)