October 18, 2015

Spotlight on a FABULOUS Mommy - Mira Naaman of Nectar

Today is the start of a new series of interviews called 'Spotlight on a FABULOUS Mommy'. Over the next few weeks, I will be interviewing inspirational women who are not only moms, but also have their own businesses and careers on the side. The moms that I have chosen are those who I look up to. They are very involved in raising their children, and don't throw all responsibilities on the nanny. At the same time, their businesses are very successful.  How do they do it all?


My first interview is with Fabulous Mommy Mira Naaman of Nectar.  She raises a lovely young toddler as well as owning/managing her own healthy juice bar at Bodytree in Abu Dhabi.  Her juices are phenomenal and are gaining a strong cult following; and her son is super cute, smart and amazing. Read all about how she keeps sane while doing it all :)

Tell me about your family?
My husband and I have been married for four years and have an amazing little boy who is two.


Tell me about Nectar?
Nectar is a California-style healthy juice bar in the Yoga, Pilates and Dance studio Bodytree. Nectar is a unique juice bar concept to Abu Dhabi, and is now part of a growing health movement across the UAE. We juice all our delicious concoctions to order. Simply fruit + veg = juice!  No refined sugars, no junk, no additives. We also hand-make a line of healthy snacks and raw treats that are healthy and delicious like our Paleo Granola and our Organic Kale Chips! 



How do you manage to run a business while your son is young and still needs a lot of your time?
I usually work from home when he naps, and at night. Sometimes I take him with me when I need to.  Before he started nursery, I used to take him with me to work. Literally to meeting sometimes! Our location is very unique. I am lucky that the juice bar is at Bodytree which has such an amazing network of women and working moms. I remember one instance when I was having a meeting with my team while breastfeeding! Women need to support women. It is empowering to be in a safe, mommy friendly environment. I am lucky to have a great team with a supportive partner at work who is also a working mom.



What is your typical day like?

My son just started nursery, so this is our day:

Alarm, I’m up! (Before baby). Get dressed, get him dressed, convince my toddler he needs to wear shoes today, get breakfast organized, snack packs, and a coffee on the go.  Head to drop-off, kisses, hugs, high-fives, zoom off to work. Check up on Nectar operations, team meeting, discuss upcoming events with the Bodytree team, pop-ups, promotions, specials. Hit a Bodytree workout class (BTB is my fav!), grab a smoothie, chat to clients, work the till, supervise bar team, head back for pick up.

Head home, lunch for my little one, straight to nap. My hubby comes home for lunch so I prep lunch. I check emails intermittently throughout. Nap over, baby up, hubby back at work. Off for an errand, car seat, goji berries, books, parking, traffic, calls from the car - errand done! 

Home for dinner and shower-time… book, bottle, lights off, bed for baby. Back to work - open laptop, check emails missed while fighting with the car seat, research new ideas, computer off, lights off…bed! Repeat


Tips for staying Balanced and Inspired?
  • A supportive spouse J He helps me with our boy everyday!
  • Surround yourself with inspirational women
  • Take time for yourself and do something you enjoy
  • Don’t over commit yourself at the expense of yourself and your sanity

Hardest part about being a mom?
Staying calm when juggling a lot of apples. Trying to do both work and motherhood equally well without coming short on either one.

Easiest part?
Playing! Getting to be a kid again when I play with my kid, coloring, painting, doing a puzzle, playing with play-dough!  It’s so much fun to be a kid again during playtime!

What do you do for fun?
Bake! I love to be in the kitchen. I love baking, cooking, and obviously tasting! Trying out new recipes, remake classics, enjoy new ingredients, fill the house with sumptuous aromas - Yum!


Any advice for moms who also want to have a career?
If you have the privilege, do something you love and enjoy.  It will make it easier when you have to put in long hours after your mom job.


   Nectar is located at the Bodytree Studio on the corner of 26th Street and 11th Street in Abu Dhabi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)