April 13, 2013

Bloggers Event at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi


Last week I was invited to a Bloggers Event at the Avenue at Etihad Towers - the only luxury shopping mall in Abu Dhabi. They invited bloggers from Dubai and myself and we had a treasure hunt where we looked for items in all of the stores. The hunt was tons of fun and we had to find items in all of the stores with REALLY difficult clues.

For example, "Put me on and i may just help you fly away" turned out to be a blue dress from Givenchy with really long sleeves like a bird. "The scale and green shine of this bag will keep you happy all day" was a green 'Happy Bag' at Lanvin. I won the treasure hunt (yay!) and the whole experience opened my eyes to the many shops that are available in the mall. Previously, almost all of the stores were only located in Dubai and we couldn't find them in Abu Dhabi. 

Finding a pair of shoes in Abu Dhabi is almost IMPOSSIBLE and I was surprised that the Avenue has Manolo Blahnik, Lanvin, Givenchy, Giuseppe Zanotti, Salavtore Faragamo, Chloe, Tom Ford, and Versace stores for women. They all had great selections of shoes and clothes and were very similar to the stores in Dubai. I had previously thought that the mall only sold high end jewellery like Cartier, Van Cleef and Bulgari. I also found many stores catered to men's fashion which is DEFINITELY needed in Abu Dhabi!

The mall itself is built on two floors and feels very luxurious yet comfortable at the same time- 
It offers a very pleasant shopping experience

At the end of the event, we were invited to lunch at Fauchon and I had the most delicious salad with prawns and mango. YUM!!
I can't wait to go back and have it again :)

FINALLY there is somewhere decent to shop in Abu Dhabi!

Have you visited Etihad Towers?

1 comment:

  1. That place is just awesome. That is heaven for tourists.


    psi

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments :)