December 20, 2012

What to wear this Festive Season - Part 1

I got an email a few days ago from one of my readers and she asked if I could give tips and ideas for what to wear this Festive Season. With the many invitations you get this month, it's probably very common to look into your closets and think, "Crap, what am I going to wear?!" Going shopping at this time of year makes me so overwhelmed with all the choices, not to mention the tempting sales where I feel I need everything! 

To give you some ideas, I have created a three part series of blog posts entitled What to Wear this Festive Season. I compiled outfits for the different types of parties and events you might be invited to with tips and ideas on how to look your best. They range from affordable to more expensive to suit everyone's budgets and tastes. I mostly chose items that are currently on sale so you can go overboard without breaking the bank! 

Today's post is inspiration for outfits for Xmas Eve or for fancy Xmas parties. My advice is to wear sparkly festive outfits because they work best at this time of year. Accessorize them with lots of bling - statement earrings or necklaces (one or the other, never both!), headbands (Sophie's Closet or Accessorize have great selections), and stunning heels. Smoky eyes look great with sparkly outfits! 

P.S. Click on any of the items underneath the pics to get directed to the website from which they can be purchased or better viewed. 


Here are two options for dresses you can wear for Xmas Eve or fancy Xmas parties:

  1. Option 1: Lace pencil dress by PREEN - this will look even better with a thin black belt 
  2. Option 2: Sparkly mini dress by VERSUS  - If this is too short, pair it with stockings and wear pumps or boots instead of peep toe sandals
  3. Studded leather headband by JENNIFER BEHR
  4. Star earrings by KURT GEIGER - These are $10 (AED 36) online and AED 125 in the stores in the U.A.E so if they ship internationally, I would buy them online! 
  5. Chunky crystal bracelet by ANTON HEUNIS 
  6. Gold clutch by ANYA HINDMARCH 
  7. Black sandals by LUCY CHOI LONDON 
Here is a more toned down look which could also work for Xmas Eve:

  1. Dress with jewelled collar by ZARA (Someone was wearing this at an Xmas party I attended and I thought she looked fab! Its a simple black dress but the collar really spices it up)
  2. Crystal Spike Earrings by JOOMI LIM  (The dress has a statement collar so wear studs or small earrings. Don't overpower the collar with big earrings)
  3. Bracelet by ESTELLE DEVE 
  4. Silver clutch by AILA
  5. Suede glitter pumps by NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD  (I usually like to add a pop of colour to black dresses and these pumps are simply stunning!)

Please keep the emails and messages coming in, not only do they make my day but they also give me ideas for new posts! Carmen this one was for you..

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post - Standing out in an edgy outfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)