October 19, 2015

PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

This year, two of my mom's friends, one of my sister's friends, and my close friend's mother were all diagnosed with breast cancer. That's Four women - all in the same small community at the same time. I realized that we women feel invincible at times but that none of us are safe from breast cancer. In fact, according to U.S. Breast Cancer Statistics - 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime. That's a big number! 

Make sure you get yourself checked regularly - breast cancer can creep up on you when you least expect it. Catching it early will increase your chances by 90% for a safe recovery and a beautiful long life filled with pink sunsets with your families :) 

In honour of Breast Cancer Awareness month, here are a few of my favourite PINK images to put a smile on your face and remind you to do regular breast exams. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)