October 25, 2015

Spotlight on a FABULOUS Mommy - Dalia Ali of Dee by Dalia

This week's Spotlight on a Fabulous Mommy is Dalia Ali - the talented designer and brains behind the super cute clothing brand Dee by Dalia. Her signature style is tutu skirts, off the shoulder tops and clothes that make a women embrace her femininity and uniqueness. Clothes that make you stand out from the crowd. Dalia has two sons and manages to be a big part of their lives as well as a fashion designer in her free time. How does she do it all?

Tell me about your family?
My husband and I have been married now for 8 years and we have two adorable boys. Rakan is 6 and Kinan is 5 years old. We both grew up in the UAE and consider Dubai our home.

Tell me about Dee by Dalia?
I started Dee by Dalia around 2 years ago as a small project out of my own home. It has grown since then and I now have my own studio in Dubai Design District D3 . My line is for all edgy and stylish girls out there that like to dress up in a unique way. Dee by Dalia is all about being different whether with weird cut outs or off the shoulder tops. We are stocked in Harvey Nichols and at Sauce Boutiques across the U.A.E 


Being in the fashion world requires always attending events, meeting people and looking your absolute best. How do you manage this with your hectic kid's schedule?
I love spending time with my boys so it is difficult for me to leave them. What I do is pick and choose the events that I can attend. I only go to morning events when my kids are at school or evening events when they are asleep. They are my priority so as long as they need me I don't leave them. My kids are older now so there is a lot of homework and activities everyday but with my husband's help, we are managing. I find it very possible to be a working mum!

Getting dressed every day for social events is not easy and it is honestly not always fun -  but I'm a fashionista at heart so I have to admit I love it most of the time.

What is your typical day like?
I wake up, drop the kids to school, then head to the gym. After that I go to to work which entails choosing fabrics, meeting with buyers or designing for upcoming collections.  My driver or I pick up the kids from school then we all have lunch.  I help my older son with his homework  then take both boys to after school activities. 
We go back home, have dinner with my husband then put the boys to bed. Afterwards, I either sit at home and work or go to social events.

Hardest part of being a mom?
The guilty feeling when you have to miss something important in your child's life or the feeling of not doing enough for them.


Easiest part?
My children's hugs and kisses - their love and reward I feel for being their mom means the world to me.



What do you do in your 'me' time?
I head to my favourite two places in the the world - 'The Nail Spa' for a message and then a hair treatment at 'Marquee Salon'.

Any advice for moms who also want to have a career?
Just do it!! It might never be perfect but you can keep trying to make the best out of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)